Monday, May 21, 2018

Where have I been?


I have been up to a lot of quilty things, but not big finishes or blog entries last week.   I was in NYC over the weekend - as the picture above attests.   It was a gloomy day Friday BUT we were staying in the Garment District (I didn't do the planning - I swear!). I liked the view from the library and windows to the city beyond.  

There will definitely be more blogging this week, but I wanted to catch you up!  Mostly I have been planning.
ISLAND BATIK AMBASSADOR:
My May project was done early and June is designed.  I am figuring out how to piece it - not an easy task and not that hard.  I hope to test a block tomorrow! July is also in process, but I am going to try for one or two more designs before finalizing.

The for August we have what I feel like is a big project - 20 new fabrics - and I am working on a few ideas for it.  I am looking for a way to display all 20 and trying to decide whether the pieces I have can be background or whether I need more background.  

UFOs 
I have been working on two - my GFG (Grandmother’s flower garden) and an appliqué project.  The flower garden will be finished for May, the appliqué project in June.  The binding is on the GFG and nearly sewn down - hope to be done at the end of the week.


QALs
I am active in a 4 right now - Yikes!  Above is a fabric pull for Sandra's Playtime Plus QAL (#1)  It already began, but you could still catch up.  I also hopped on board with Tish's Adventures in Wonderland's QAL (#2)

FallintoaQAL(#3) is being brought to you by Partners in Design and it began on Tuesday, May 15.  Every two weeks a block is released and you will be able (if you like) to complete your quilt before the fall! You can join anytime and there are prizes for blocks and for finishes.
Wish Upon A Star(#4) began today.  Go to Just Let me Quilt to begin following all these great quilters.  I am up on the blog Friday!

Blocks for a Bee project
I have been working on blocks for a bee project. Two are done (see one of them above).  One is nearly finished.  These are from Made by Marney - she has so many patterns for different animals, all easily accessible with a click!  Also, the Labradoodle on her dog quilt is my Percy, see more here on my blog and on her blog.


NYC
I was with family for the weekend - a women only weekend away.   The real bonus was being in the Garment District.  They didn’t know what they were in for!  It was a rainy nasty day, but we persisted.

MOOD!  
Ok Project Runway fans - I was there!  I so loved it.  IT is a huge store with an immense amount of too-die-for-fabric.  I didn’t buy any but purchased a wonderful felted wool bag.  Do I need another bag?  There were a ton of Liberty fabrics, and if I had known, I would have planned on filling out my stash as I have a project in mind. 

Gotham Quilts! 
What a great store.  The added bonus was seeing this gorgeous quilt - Jennifer Strauser pieced and quilted it.  An added bonus was meeting Justin Keaton, a wonderful and talented quilter, who was filling in for some of the regular shop workers.  We are now following each other.
Such a great bad, and a few purchases!

***Side note:  explaining blogging/instagram/facebook to those who don’t do it is really difficult.  

You will see me later this week!  Promise.

Linking Up:  Main Crush Monday with Beth at Cooking Up Quilts.